Saturday, November 13, 2010

J-Film Pow-Wow at Tokyo Filmex!

by Chris MaGee

Just a quick announcement/ reminder to all of you that I'll be heading to Tokyo for two weeks to attend this year's Tokyo Filmex Festival. This news would be exciting enough, but there will be a lot of extra (and exciting things) on my plate during his stay - shopping for films for the 3rd annual Shinsedai Cinema Festival, conducting interviews with people for the book on butoh on film I am working on, as well as seeing friends. I would love to spend the two weeks blogging on the Pow-Wow like a fiend, but things will be very busy, so here's an apology in advance if posting gets a bit erratic for the rest of this month. Bob, Marc, Matt and Eric will be chipping in with news items when they can and I will definitely be posting film reviews during my stay including my take on the NHK produced "Kaidan Horror Classics" films directed by Shinya Tsukamoto, Hirokazu Koreeda, Sang-Il Lee and Masayuki Ochiai, as well as "Peace" the latest documentary by Peabody Award-winner Kazuhiro Soda.

So, exciting and busy times ahead! Keep checking back throughout the month for treats from Tokyo!

No comments: