by Chris MaGee
Here’s a film that I’m excited to see for a few reasons. First it’s directed by Tsutsumi Yukihiko, a filmmaker with a really nice feel for the darkly comedic. Second, it has a real power house cast including Toshiaki Karasawa, Arata, Teruyuki Kagawa and Kenichi Endo, but lastly, and what I find most intriguing, is that “20th Century Boys” is turning into the most expensive film in Japanese cinema history with an estimated budget of ¥6 billion (roughly $58 million CDN). After watching the promo video that’s been posted over at Twitch I’m wondering where the money is going. Well, most likely into all the post-production special effects work, but you’d have thought that Toho would have thrown in a few mind-blowing money shots to wet our appetites.
Well, all will be revealed on August 30th when “20th Century Boys” hits Japanese theatres.
Here’s a film that I’m excited to see for a few reasons. First it’s directed by Tsutsumi Yukihiko, a filmmaker with a really nice feel for the darkly comedic. Second, it has a real power house cast including Toshiaki Karasawa, Arata, Teruyuki Kagawa and Kenichi Endo, but lastly, and what I find most intriguing, is that “20th Century Boys” is turning into the most expensive film in Japanese cinema history with an estimated budget of ¥6 billion (roughly $58 million CDN). After watching the promo video that’s been posted over at Twitch I’m wondering where the money is going. Well, most likely into all the post-production special effects work, but you’d have thought that Toho would have thrown in a few mind-blowing money shots to wet our appetites.
Well, all will be revealed on August 30th when “20th Century Boys” hits Japanese theatres.
The Y6b budget is for all three films.
ReplyDeleteA-ha! Thought that might be the case. Thanks, Jason!
ReplyDelete