Thursday, April 3, 2008

Takeshi Kitano sings!!!!


I thought I would occasionally just post things I’ve found online relating to Japanese cinema that aren’t news or reviews or rants… I’d just post them for the fun of it, so with that in mind:

I found this on You Tube and I knew I wanted to share this with everyone. I guess it’s not enough to be a comic, actor, filmmaker, columnist, TV host, author, painter, etc., etc., etc…. Now we have Takeshi Kitano singing! (And no the album on the left is not the one that the song came from.)

Okay, I have to admit that my Japanese is really not that good and I can’t read kanji, so the name of the song is a mystery to me at the moment and so are most of the lyrics, although I picked out some lines about a letter and Kitano taking a walk and something coming from far, far away, but that’s about it. I also couldn’t find any mention of The Super Fuji Band except that they played the Mt. Fuji Jazz Festival back in 1995. So it’s your job out there to fill in the blanks for me and everyone else! Enjoy!


No comments: