Sunday, March 9, 2008

Creator of "Mind Game" returns with TV series


Masaaki Yuasa's 2004 film "Mind Game" did one thing to me... it blew my mind! I hadn't seen an anime film that effected me so deeply since "Spirited Away", so when I saw that Yuasa is returning with a TV series to air on the Wowow Network next month I was thrilled... Now I just have to figure out how to get to Japan to see it.

The series is titled "Kaiba" and is billed as "refreshing science fiction love story" with the promotional material carrying the tag line: "I shall love you even if I have lost my memory". Not sure what that refers to, but I'm intrigued as hell.

Speaking of promotional material the folks over at Twitch have scored a brief teaser trailer for the series. You can check it out here: http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/first-trailer-for-yuasas-kaiba#extended

No comments: