Thursday, August 7, 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT: Kitano, Oshii, Koreeda and more announced for TIFF’08

by Chris MaGee

Well I said that if a major announcement came up during our two week vacation that I would rouse myself from my slumber and post it here. I think films by Takeshi Kitano, Hirokazu Koreeda, Mamoru Oshii and more coming to our fair city counts as major, don’t you?

Yesterday the Toronto International Film Festival announced their line-up of Asian films coming to this year’s fest and what a line-up! TIFF will be hosting the international premiere’s of both Hirokazu Koreeda’s family drama “Aruitemo, Aruitemo (Still Walking)” and Ryosuke Hashiguchi’s portrait of a marriage “All Around Us” starring Lily Franky. On top of that Toronto will be seeing the North American premieres of Mamoru Oshii’s latest animated feature “The Sky Crawlers” and (I’m giddy about this one!) Takeshi Kitano’s possible return to form “Achilles and the Tortoise”. Head over to TIFF’s official site for the full list of Asian films lined up for September. Once we get back from break make sure to check back here for more TIFF announcements and coverage. I can’t wait!

Off to work on my tan again. That will be all…

No comments: