Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cutie Honey or Boozy Honey?

by Chris MaGee

Back at the beginning of the month I professed my love for Hideaki Anno’s live-action adaptation of Go Nagai’s ”Cutie Honey”, and I certainly have had periods in my life when I’ve loved my whiskey (single-malt scotch if the budget allowed), so I went all giddy when I saw that Anime News Network ran a story about a unique little item for Japanese pop culture collectors.

The Office Cosmo Elephant Company’s online Charassyu store is taking pre-orders for a 500ml bottle of whiskey shaped after Cutie Honey herself. The bottle has been put out to cash in on the success of the live-action TV series “Cutie Honey: The Live” that premiered last year on TV Tokyo with Mikie Hara starring as Honey… but talk about cashing in! The bottle, with embossed logo and lipstick print, will set you back ¥10,500 ($101.87 Canadian)! Expensive whiskey? Curvy women? That’s a compact version of a Saturday night right there!

No comments: