Monday, December 8, 2008

Takashi Miike's "Yatterman" gets a full trailer

by Chris MaGee

Why am I not excited about this? Is it because I'm starting to suffer from Takashi Miike fatigue? Has the insanely prolific director of "Ichi the KIller", "Dead or Alive" and "Sukiyaki Western Django" (amongst many others) just reached a media saturation point? Maybe it's not Miike and it's the fact that I'm not that familiar with the original 1970s anime series that it's based on, but this new full trailer for "Yatterman" just kind of leaves me nonplussed. I mean, it looks like Miike has brought back the quirky fighting robots from "The Great Yokai War" which I liked, but I still can't get myself excited. over this film. Give me head-scratching art flicks like "Gozu" and "Big Bang Love Juvenile A", those I love, but this looks just about as interesting as the recent Live-action Wachowski Brothers bomb "Speedracer".

Well, check out the brand new full trailer for "Yatterman" over at Twitch and tell me if I'm wrong.

No comments: