Monday, January 12, 2009

The BFI sets up their online Printstore with some very cool posters

by Chris MaGee

I was just finishing up writing the last of my daily news items when an email landed in my inbox from the British Film Institute about their new online Printstore. Through the store you can order movie stills and promotional images from mostly British and American films from the 1920s and '30s, but you can also order gorgeous reproductions of vintage movie posters designed by Peter Strausfeld for the Academy Cinema, Oxford Street. Of special interest to Japanese film fans: Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" (above), Yajusiro Ozu's "Tokyo Story" and Keni Mizoguchi's "Ugetsu Monogatari". I can already hear my credit card screaming for mercy...

Check out the full BFI Printstore selection here.

No comments: