Friday, May 1, 2009

Chis Nohan's "Blood: The Last Vampire" hits North American theatres this summer

by Chris MaGee

Regular readers of the Pow-Wow blog will know that I'm not much of an action movie fan. I differ to staff writer Matt Hardstaff in that department, but one action film that I've actually been looking forward to is Chris Nahon's live-action adaptation of Production I.G.'s 2000 animated adventure "Blood: The Last Vampire". I was a big fan of the original and everything from this new version seems to pay due homage to it. Now, it's not just me who's looking forward to this film, so all of you Canadian and American "Blood" fans will be happy to hear that Nohan's re-working of the battles of vampire hunter Saya will be hitting North American theatres this summer care of Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group and Samuel Goldwyn Films.

Release dates for "Blood: The Last Vampire" have already been set for Japan (May 29th), United Kingdom (June 12th), and France (June 17th), so I can only assume that the North American Release will follow shortly thereafter. Sony Pictures hasn't said just yet, but they have launched an official website for the film that credits Korean star Jeon Ji-hyun under an anglicized name, Gianna Jun, and features the rather hoaky tag line: "Now that she's here... there will be blood". I'll try and forget about that and just concentrate on the pretty darn neat English-language trailer for the film.

Thanks to Anime News Network for the details on this.

No comments: