Friday, July 24, 2009

An anime who's who to contribute to "Halo" omnibus feature

by Chris MaGee

I'm really not a gamer. I feel guilty enough sitting in front of a computer all day blogging, so to add gaming to that? I'd weigh a lot more than I already do. Plus my hand eye coordination sucks, so... That being said when I hear that Mamoru Oshii, Shinji Aramaki, the director of "Appleseed", and the combined forces of BONES, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio 4°C, and Toei Animation are all involved in a project based on a video game I sit up and take notice. This who's who of Japanese animation are coming together to make "Halo Legends", an omnibus film based in the world of the popular video game about a futuristic war between humans and invading aliens. Oshii, who is currently putting the finishing touches on his own live-action film "Assault Girls" confirmed that he will be directing a segment of "Halo Legends" at a press conference at San Diego's Comic-Con. No word on a release date for the project yet or details on Oshii's or any other directors' contributions, but a promotional image has popped up (above) to get sci-fi fans and gamers excited.

Thanks to Anime News Network for news on this.

No comments: