Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blood! Entrails! Severed body parts! Everything must gooooo!!

by Chris MaGee

If you're a fan of Yoshihiro Nishimura then I bet you wish you were in Japan right now. According to Nishimura's blog for his latest film "Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl" the wildman special effects wizard and filmmaker simply has to many props in his Shibuya warehouse so he's cleaning house. That's right, from between August 8th and August 10th Nishimura is allowing volunteers to come in and help him clean up his warehouse space in exchange for all the fake blood and latex body parts they can cart off. It's no day at the beach though. Because of all the fake blood products the posting says that volunteers must bring dirty work clothes and not be afraid to get some red on them. He's not paying for showers, or for transportation for that matter. I don't think that most Nishimura fans will care much if they get a bit dirty, though, especially if they are walking away with props from films like Yudai Yamaguchi's "Meatball Machine" and "Elite Yankee Saburo", Noboru Iguchi's "Sukeban Boy" and of course Nishimura's "Tokyo Gore Police" and "Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl".

If you do happen to be in Tokyo right now and want to volunteer then email Nishimura's warehouse at yoshi@nishi-eizo.com. Thanks to Don Brown for pointing the way to this via Twitter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can anyone here write Japanese and help me write an email to Yoshihiro Nishimura asking for him to ship them or live in Japan and is willing to help me out. I would be willing to pay someone a nominal amount to help me get some of these props via Shipping. I live in the USA and am a huge fan of his movies. Can anyone help?

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there! My film of choice would have to be Meatball Machine, so it's only natural that I'd want all the props from that film! However, Nishimura works so diligently, I wouldn't be surprised if he would have to do this again sometime in the near future - by near, I mean, 7-10 years. I'm willing to wait, and save money in the process!

Erika
http://www.sharpobjex.net