Friday, December 18, 2009

Fuji TV and Toho announce that "Bayside Shakedown 3" is in the works

by Chris MaGee

Okay. Confession time. I've never seen "Bayside Shakedown", nor have I seen "Bayside Shakedown 2". I know that the two films directed by Katsuyuki Motohiro, continuations of the wildly popular Fuji TV series, broke records and bot everyone in Japan all excited, but while I obviously love Japanese film I'm not a huge fan of Japanese TV series, or the way studios in Japan capitalize on their popularity by parlaying their success into big dopey feature films, which (at least to me) the "Bayside Shakedown" films are the epitome of. Still, with the truckloads of yen that these two films have brought in for Fuji TV and Toho the announcement of a third film in the series is news that any self-respecting Japanese film blog would be foolish to ignore.

Yes, that's right - Katsuyuki Motohiro is coming back to helm "Bayside Shakedown 3" and continue the adventures of police detective Shunsaku Aoshima, who once again will be played by Yuji Oda (above right). The new film will follow Aoshima after he is promoted to section chief in the police department, and the whole film will keep up the... police investigation... stuff.... Hey, I was honest! I've never seen one of these films. Excuse me! I was watching old Ozu films. Sue me!

"Bayside Shakedown 3" is set to start shooting early next year. Thanks to Japan Zone for this story that will come as great news to all you "Bayside Shakedown" fans out there.

No comments: