Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wildgrounds scores 11 gorgeous stills from Tran Anh Hung's "Normergian Wood"

by Chris MaGee

Sadly I've been hit with some kind of nasty stomach bug and have been laid up for the past three days, but when I saw these stills for Tran Anh Hung's upcoming screen adaptation of Haruki Murakami's novel "Norwegian Wood" I had to drag my carcass up in to a sitting position and share them with you all.

As we've reported previously (see our coverage here) French-Vietnamese director Tran Anh Hung, the man behind such beautiful films as "Scent of Green Papaya" and "Cyclo", has been shooting "Norwegian Wood" for several months with Ken'ichi Matsuyama, Rinko Kikuchi, and Kiko Mizuhara as the love-triangle at the heart of Murakami's novel.

Now Wildgrounds has tracked down a gallery of 11 stills from Chinese site Cunshang.net and they look about as gorgeous as so many of us have been hoping this will would end up being. Follow the link above to Wildgrounds to see exactly what I mean. Now I'm heading back to bed...

1 comment:

Dave Quion said...

These look beautiful. This is one of my favorite books, and while I was reading it I would imagine who would be a good director if a film version ever got made. Wong Kar Wai and Hirokazu Koreeda came to mind, but also Tran Anh Hung after I saw The Vertical Ray of the Sun, so I'm glad he got the gig.

Get well soon Mr. Magee.