Friday, February 26, 2010

Eita and Juri Ueno tweet about life and love in new TV series based around Twitter

by Chris MaGee

I have to be honest and say that even though the J-Film Pow-Wow has its own Twitter feed I don't us the damn thing very often besides sending out links to our blog updates. I just don't frankly think I'm important enough (or interesting enough) to let everyone know what I'm thinking using 140 characters at any given time during the day. Despite my wishy-washy feelings towards Twitter I know there are a lot of you out there who use it all the time, and it's for all you Twitter enthusiasts that Fuji TV will be airing a new series.

Titled "Sunao ni Narenakute" the show, which will debut on the Japanese TV network in April, will follow the lives of ten people (five men, five women) whose lives become intertwined via their tweets on the über-trendy social networking site. Amongst the cast North American film fans will recognize 27-year-old Eita (above left), star of "Toad's Oil" and "Dear Doctor", and 23-year-old Juri Ueno (above right), star of "Crying Out Love at the Center of the World" and "Nodame Cantabile". Eita will portray a photographer who is having second thoughts about following in his father's footsteps and becoming a war correspondent, while Ueno's character is a high school teacher who is wondering how much more mature she is compared to her students. According to Japan Zone the two actors have starred in so many TV shows together, "Sunao ni Narenakute" is number eight so far, that the Japanese press have dubbed them "The golden couple of the Heisei Era". I wonder if the two have become friends off-screen, and if so if they're following each other on Twitter. See how I tied that one up? Clever, I know.

No comments: