Saturday, August 7, 2010

Details on pinku eiga legend Hisayasu Sato's latest film

by Chris MaGee

I think one of, if not my favorite pink film director would have to be Hisayasu Sato. I remember when I first saw Sato's 1994 film "Love - Zero = Infinity" I was blown away by the unique twist it brought to the vampire mythos. Of course Sato's "Splatter: Naked Blood" is more horrific than erotic, but it added a whole new meaning to the body horror genre with its story of a painkiller that transforms pain into pleasure... with stomach churning results. When I heard from my colleague Jasper Sharp that the now 51-year-old "Heavenly King of Pink" was making a new film I was excited, but it wasn't until Wildgrounds linked to an English-language page about Sato's new film "Namae no nai Onnatachi (Love & Loathing & Lulu & Ayano)" that I got a better idea of what Sato has cooked up for his fans.

The film follows Junko, a meek office clerk, who decides to escape her dull work-a-day world by creating an alter ego - Lulu, a blue wig-wearing AV actress. Junko/ Lulu enters the world of adult video, one that churns out 20,000 titles per year and attracts 10,000 actresses in that same time frame to have sex on camera. While Junko at first finds herself through her work in AV things quickly turn dark when one of her fellow actresses commits suicide and Junko must question the decisions she's made.

"Namae no nai Onnatachi (Love & Loathing & Lulu & Ayano)" " will be released in selected theatres in Japan on September 4th by Makotoya Co. Ltd. You can read more about it here, and for now we can check out the full trailer for the film below.

No comments: