Saturday, February 19, 2011

Takayuki Yamada gets zany in new film by "Vermilion Pleasure Night" creator

by Chris MaGee

Sometimes I find myself in a real predicament. I'm very, very lucky to now be in the position of getting to see screeners of certain films before any official release has been announced or sometimes arranged. The predicament is that if I really like the film I am forced to be quiet about it until an official announcement is made by the producers or the studio. For the longest time I found myself in this position with a new feature film by the creator of "Vermilion Pleasure Night" creator Yoshimasa Ishibashi titled "Milocrorze". Thankfully now the cat is out of the proverbial bag.

This week Tokyograph reported that Ishibashi's zany and surreal "love fantasy" comedy will finally be getting premiered at both the the Yebisu International Festival for Art & Alternate Visions happening now until February 27th and then at the 35th Hong Kong International Film Festival next month. The film will then be released in Japanese theatres this year.

The film features "Crows Zero" and "Densha Otoko" star Takayuki Yamada as three different characters in three different story lines that all deal with love and relationships. I will say that these characters are a young man with a broken heart, a relationship counsellor and a samurai, but at this point that's still all I can say. I can also say that it's about time because "Milocrorze" was one of my favorite films of last year, but I couldn't add it to any of my year end lists due to it being unreleased. Thankfully that's changed.

Thanks to Eiga.com for the above promo still from the film.

No comments: