Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A look at 4ºC’s “Genius Party Beyond” at Twitch

Twitch has scored the trailer for Studio 4ºC’s follow up to “Genius Party” their 2007 omnibus of seven animated shorts. This time out we get five directors under the title “Genius Party Beyond”. Mahiro Maeda, Kazuto Nakazawa, Shinya Ohira, Tatsuyuki Tanaka, and Koji Morimoto are all onboard and the latter’s “Dimension Bomb” really has me curious.

I’d have to wholeheartedly agree with Todd at Twitch about Studio 4ºC. They are producing some of the most technically innovative animation out there, but also films with ambitious narratives and emotionally rich characters. As I mentioned in my review for their “Tekkon Kinkreet” Studio 4ºC will produce the next Miyazaki. I’m sure of it.

Check out the trailer and a link to the official site at Twitch: http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/studio-4cs-genius-party-beyond-trailerized/

No comments: