Tuesday, July 1, 2008

6 minute teaser for Mamoru Oshii's "The Sky Crawlers" online

by Chris MaGee

Anime News Network has the word that an almost 6 minute long promo trailer for Mamoru Oshii's upcoming war drama "The Sky Crawlers" has been posted at the film's official site. The promo introduces the war that has young adults in an alternate universe waging a high stakes air war.

I have to admit that besides the truly amazing dogfight footage that I've seen from "The Sky Crawlers" that I'm a little underwhelmed by the character design and the 2-D portions of the film. I suppose I was a bit spoiled by Oshii's "Ghost in the Shell: Innocence" which was probably the most technically astounding animated film I've ever seen, but I obviously holding back on my verdict until I can actually see the finished film.

Don't listen to jaded old me though. Head over to "The Sky Crawlers" official site to see the footage for yourself and make your own judgment.

No comments: