Monday, August 18, 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT: Fan Expo Canada 2008 coming up this weekend!

by Chris MaGee

While this could be a general shout out to geekdom in general I specifically wanted to mention Fan Expo Canada 2008 coming up this weekend here in Toronto to fans of Japanese films and culture. Last year was my first time attending the Expo and I got an instant case of culture shock that left me giddy. If you want cosplay kids dressed up like their favorite anime characters, tables full of anime and manga, a great selection of Japanese and Asian horror and genre DVDs plus more “Battle Royale” and “Ichi the Killer” T-shirts than you could shake a stick at then the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building down by the lake is the place to be.

I’ll be there, not as an exhibitor, but purely as a fan and it should be a lot of fun. I’ll be the one dressed up like a Japanese high school girl… Um, I won’t be actually. No one needs to see that. Really.

For more details check out the Fan Expo Canada official website here and we’ll hopefully see you there.

No comments: