Sunday, March 8, 2009

Live in L.A.? Get yourself to a FREE lecture by Kiyoshi Kurosawa on Tuesday

by Chris MaGee

What are you doing on Tuesday? Well, if I were living in Los Angeles I'd be going to this free lecture being given by Kiyoshi Kurosawa. That's right, a FREE lecture by one of the most exciting and relevant filmmakers in Japan at the moment. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Taking the theme of "Creating Films for an International Audience" Kurosawa will discuss his career both at home in Japan and the experiences he's had releasing his films abroad and the challenges of depicting Japanese culture and contemporary society.The lecture is being put on by the upcmoing 2nd Annual Japan Film Festival Los Angeles and co-hosted by JVTA/ UCLA-JABA and will take place at the UCLA Korn Convocation Hall with a start time of 5:00 p.m. Oh, and did I mention it was FREE?

God, I wish I was in L.A. for this event.... Thanks to Nicholas Rucka for the heads up about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kurosawa will also be at the Apple store in SF on Wednesday, where he'll be interviewed by Giant Robot's Eric Nakamura.