Thursday, May 14, 2009

Japan's Solid Records brings you the music from the films of Koji Wakamatsu

by Chris MaGee

I have to admit that I'm not that biggest Koji Wakamatsu fan out there, but even I think this bit of news from Wilgrounds is very cool. Japan's Solid Records have released not one, not two, but five remastered soundtracks of the films of pinku eiga pioneer Koji Wakamatsu. For only ¥ 2,394 a pop (which is actually pretty reasonable for a Japanese CD) you can get the music from Wakamatsu's "Ecstasy of the Angels" (above), "Shinjuku Mad", "Violent Virgin", "A Womb to Let", and "Go Go Second Time Virgin". If the disc for "Second Time Virgin" has that crazy breathy nightclub singer from the start of the film rattling off those surreal lyrics I may have to eat the high exchange rate and mega-shipping costs to get a copy for myself.

For all you collectors out there head over to Amazon Japan here and shop 'til you drop.

No comments: