Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Pow-Wow joins forces with Wildgrounds for a June J-Film Blogathon

by Chris MaGee

A little while back Michael over at Wildgrounds contacted me about an upcoming blogathon that he is starting up. He said it would involve not only Wildgrounds, but the folks at Nippon Cinema, Cinebeats, Cinemasia, Affenheimtheater is a combined effort to introduce people to unheralded Japanese films films, films that should be classics, but just haven't had the proper attention paid to them. He wanted to know if the Pow-Wow would be interested and I immediately said yes. That's practically our mission statement: to introduce film fans to the widest range possible of Japanese cinema, so it was a no brainer on my part.

So, between June June 15th to 21st check in not only with us, but all the sites above to discover a slew of fantastic Japanese films that for one reason or another have fallen off the radar. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you will too.

No comments: