Monday, October 5, 2009

Newly restored "Rashomon" tours the U.S. and gets a snazzy new poster

by Chris MaGee

I know that we have readers in the U.S., so if you happen to live in L.A., Chicago, Iowa City, Washingston D.C., Portland, Philadelphia, and a handful of cities in between then you'll want to click here. Yes, the newly restored 35mm print of Akira Kurosawa's landmark film "Rashomon" will be screening near you throughout October and November! The film that introduced Japanese film to the world refurbished to pristine quality? Why wouldn't you want to see this? Plus Janus Films has just released a new poster to accompany the release of this print which you can check out here. Man, oh man, I want this poster! If you're out there Janus email me and I'll send you my address, seriously!

Check out the trailer for this new print below and thanks to 24 Frames per Second for this.

No comments: