Sunday, April 13, 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Toronto J-Film Pow-Wow is Hiring!

I’ve been sending out this notice to our Facebook members for the past few weeks, but I thought I’d post it on the blog as well. That’s right, The Toronto J-Film Pow-Wow is looking for a few good men and women to help out reviewing films, scouring the internet for news, and writing news stories. The only requirements are a talent for writing, a passion for Japanese cinema and culture… and the willingness to work for free. Oh, and being able to read and speak Japanese would be great, but isn’t necessary.

Wait, I heard you… “Back that up! Work for free?” Yup, you heard me right. Contributing editor Bob Turnbull and I don’t do this so we can afford fur coats and Rolex watches, we do it for the love of Japanese cinema, and with both of us holding down day jobs and caring for young families we desperately need help with the daily up keep of the blog to keep this thing moving.

Do you think you have what it takes? If so email a couple samples of your writing to jfilmpowwow@yahoo.ca no later than April 30th, 2008.

1 comment:

Bob Turnbull said...

True, the wages aren't huge - but the dental!