Thursday, November 6, 2008

The full trailer for the all-star "Mt. Tsurugidake" lands at Nippon Cinema

by Chris MaGee

I remember being bowled over when I heard about the cast of Daisaku Kimura's "Mt. Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki": Tadanobu Asano, Ryuhei Matsuda, Aoi Miyazaki, Koji Yakusho, Teruyuki Kagawa, amongst others. I don't think there's been such an all-star cast assembled for a Japanese film since Hiroshi Inagaki's 1962 retelling of the Loyal 47 Ronin "Chushingura". Unfortunately the first teaser trailer didn't feature any of them, just sweeping mountain vistas.

Well, that's all changed now. The full trailer for the historical epic about the exploration and charting of the Japanese Alps during the Meiji era has hit the net and Kevin Ouellette over at Nippon Cinema has got it. All I can say is this looks like pretty impressive stuff and I hope that once "Mt. Tsurugidake" gets released next year that we see it show up at some festivals on this side of the pond, or at least some kind of DVD release. I must see this film!

Check out the full "Mt. Tsurugidake" trailer here.

No comments: